Laptop Parts Expert Company Policies
The policies set forth below constitute the terms and condition of your use and purchase from laptopartsexpert.com. By placing or submitting an order with AER Worldwide, you agree to be bound by the following:
- PAYMENT TERMS AND TAXES
All prices are advertised in U.S. currency and exclude taxes, insurance, shipping and handling, unless otherwise indicated. Prices are subject to change at any time without notice. Taxes will be added to your order total, and you are responsible for paying sales tax unless a California reseller certificate is submitted in accordance with the below.
Payment is due at the time of placing or submitting your order, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
CALIFORNIA - Sales tax of 7.5% will be added to your order total for all orders shipped within California. Sales tax of 9.00% will be added to your order total for all orders picked up in Alameda County, California. Customer is responsible for any additional district tax due to the State of California for additional taxes levied in another district.
SOUTH CAROLINA - Sales tax of 6.0% will be added to your order total for all orders shipped within South Carolina. Customer is responsible for any additional district tax due to the State of South Carolina for additional taxes levied in another district.
TEXAS - Sales tax of 6.25% will be added to your order total for all orders shipped within Texas. Customer is responsible for any additional district tax due to the State of Texas for additional taxes levied in another district.
CALIFORNIA - AER Worldwide will exclude California sales tax upon presentation of your California Resellers Certificate, which must be presented and accepted by AER Worldwide prior to submitting or placing your order. Your California Blanket form must be faxed to AER Worldwide at 510-933-0557. The form is located here: http://www.laptoppartsexpert.com/files/boe230.pdf
SOUTH CAROLINA - AER Worldwide will exclude South Carolina sales tax upon presentation of your South Carolina Resellers Certificate, which must be presented and accepted by AER Worldwide prior to submitting or placing your order. Your South Carolina Resale Certificate form must be faxed to AER Worldwide at 510-933-0557. The form is located here: http://www.laptoppartsexpert.com/files/south-carolina-resale-certificate-form.pdf
TEXAS - AER Worldwide will exclude Texas sales tax upon presentation of your Texas Resellers Certificate, which must be presented and accepted by AER Worldwide prior to submitting or placing your order. Your Texas Sales and Use Tax Resale Certificate form must be faxed to AER Worldwide at 510-933-0557. The form is located here: http://www.laptoppartsexpert.com/texas-resale-certificate-form.pdf
You are responsible for all shipping, freight and insurance costs, which will be added to your order total, unless otherwise indicated. Title and risk of loss passes to you when AER Worldwide delivers the products to the shipping carrier. You are responsible for notifying AER Worldwide of any loss and of the filing of a claim for recovery for any loss during transit. *FREE SHIPPING APPLIES TO ALL ORDERS SHIPPED IN THE USA. Orders qualifying for free shipping will be shipped USPS First Class Mail or USPS Priority Mail if over 13 ounces.
Any shortages must be reported to AER Worldwide within three days of your receipt. This may be done by phone only.
International customers are responsible for all tariffs and brokerage fees. If you do not pay the carrier for these fees, they will be charged to the credit card used on your order.
AER Worldwide is not responsible for typographical errors made in its advertising and/or within the text of AER Worldwide website.
All rights, duties, claims, obligations and/or disputes arising out of your purchase from AER Worldwide shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the state of California. In the even t of legal action, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Orange, and said court shall have the exclusive right to resolve and all claims between you and AER Worldwide.
In the event that it becomes necessary for AER Worldwide to incur any costs or expenses in connection with enforcement and/or collection activities, Laptop Parts is entitled to actual attorneys fees and costs of collection. All unpaid balances shall accrue interest at a rate of 1.5% per month.
- TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS
Products may be returned only upon the prior approval and issuance of a Return
Merchandise Authorization (RMA) from AER Worldwide, in accordance with the RMA
Merchandise returned without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) may be subject to
a research fee of $10.00.
Products may be returned for a refund provided the product is returned in saleable
condition, new, unused (does not apply to products sold as refurbished), with the original
seals, if any, intact. A 10% restocking fee will apply (Effective 11/1/10.)
For defective, damaged, incompatible, or incorrect shipments, AER Worldwide will offer
a replacement product, if available, at the time the RMA is issued provided the request is
made within 30 days from the date of the original invoice. For RMA requests made more
than 30 days from the date of the original invoice, AER Worldwide will offer a
replacement product, if available, store credit, or refund in the amount of the purchase
price of the product, excluding shipping once the defective, damaged, incompatible, or
incorrect shipment is returned.
- RMA INSTRUCTIONS (Defective, damaged, incompatible, or incorrect shipment)
If you wish to return a product, you must contact AER Worldwide by phone toll-free
at 866-410-0620, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and
6:00 p.m., PT. RMA requests are approved by phone only. Unauthorized and/or
unmarked product returns will be subject to a research fee of $10.00.
When calling to request a RMA, please have the following information available:
a. Original order number (for orders placed on our website)
b. Invoice number
c. Name the order was placed under
d. Item number (not necessary unless a and b are not available)
e. Nature of the problem
All returned products must be shipped in the original packaging if available or
sufficient packaging material identical or comparable to original packaging. Failure to
do so will void the RMA and any warranties that may apply.
AER Worldwide must receive returned products within 30 days of the date of
issuance of the RMA. In the event returned products are received more than 30 days
from the date of issuance of the RMA, any and all warranties become void and AER Worldwide may, at its sole discretion, refuse to accept the product for return, credit, or replacement.
All returned products must include any and all cables, drivers, disks, or other
accessories provided with the product unless otherwise authorized. AER Worldwide warranty is voided if the returned product is not returned in their as-sold
condition, matching the specifications and serial numbers for all components
AER Worldwide will provide a return shipping label by e-mail for returns of
defective, damaged, incompatible, or incorrect shipments. Returned products
shipped C.O.D. will be refused.
Replacement products will be processed as follows:
a. You may request an advance replacement if your request is made within 30 days
from the date of the original invoice, wherein the replacement product will be
shipped at our expense at the time the RMA is issued. An authorization to charge
your credit card will be processed. However, your credit card will not be charged
at this time. If your initial method of payment was PayPal, you will need to
provide us with a valid credit card in order for an authorization to charge may be
processed. When the returned product is received and processed, the
authorization to charge will be voided. If AER Worldwide is unable to track
your return within 7 days of issuance of an RMA, you will be charged for the
replacement. Once the return product is received, you will be refunded for the
b. For RMA requests more than 30 days from the date of the original invoice, AER Worldwide will ship your replacement product once the product is returned and
c. For product that is damaged in shipping, AER Worldwide will ship a
replacement at our expense at the time of issuance of an RMA. The damaged
shipment must be reported to AER Worldwide within 3 days of receiving. It
will be the responsibility of AER Worldwide to file a claim with the shipping
carrier. A refund or credit will be issued upon approval and receipt of any claim
filed with the shipping carrier.
- RMA INSTRUCTIONS(For functional products)
- Same as above
a. Refunds and credits are issued only after the returned product has been received,
tested, and verified for authenticity.
b. You are responsible for shipping costs on returns for refund.
- WARRANTY DESCRIPTION
AER Worldwide warrants that all products meet the specification and use as indicated within the product description for the specific product within this website. Should any product not conform to its product description, AER Worldwide will issue a credit in the amount of the price of the product or provide a conforming replacement product. The warranty period is as follows:
1-year AC Adapters, Auto/Air Adapters, Batteries, Memory
90-days DC Jacks, Keyboards, LCDs, Optical Drives, Plastics
This limited warranty covers only normal use. It does nor supercede, extend, revive or replace the Original Electronic Manufacturers Warranty (OEM). The manufacturers warranty is null and void unless otherwise indicated in writing. Further, this warranty does not apply in the following circumstances: 1. defects resulting from improper or inadequate installation, use or maintenance; 2. alterations or modifications by you or unauthorized third parties; 3. accidental or intentional damage; or 4. normal wear and tear.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
AER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. AER IS MAKING THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. AER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTIES AS TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE. THE AER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- The terms are entered into by and between AER and you. If you are using the Website on behalf of your employer, you represent that you are authorized to accept these terms on your employer's behalf.
- You are not required to register in order to use portions of this Website. However, certain portions of this Website are available only to registered users. If you choose to register, you will be asked to provide a user name and password, and you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information as prompted by the registration form (the "Registration Data"), and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use the account, username, or password of someone else at any time. You agree to notify AER immediately on any unauthorized use of your account, user name, or password. AER shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by AER, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
- If you provide any information that is false, inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete, or AER has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is false, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, AER may suspend or terminate your account (as described in Section NOTICES) and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website (or any portion thereof).
- You are responsible for all expenses, including, without limitation, phone charges and telecommunications equipment that you incur in order to use the Website.
- You grant AER a license to use any materials you post to the Website. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content ("User Content") to the Website, you are granting AER, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the business of AER, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that AER may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Website or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
- You acknowledge that you may obtain access via the Website to certain confidential information of AER’s and its suppliers and partners, such as technical, contractual, pricing, marketing, and other valuable information ("Confidential Information"). You agree not to disclose the Confidential Information to any person or entity other than employees or contractors in your organization who have a need to know and who are bound by contractual obligations of confidentiality sufficient to give effect to this Section CONFIDENTIALITY. Under no circumstances will you disclose any Confidential Information to a competitor of AER.
- You may use Confidential Information solely for the purpose of purchasing, maintaining, and supporting AER products, and/or for marketing purposes if you are an AER Technology Partner or AER Solutions Provider. Title to Confidential Information remains with AER and its suppliers and partners. You agree, either as an individual or on behalf of your employer, to be bound by the provisions of this Section CONFIDENTIALITY. Furthermore, if you are acting on behalf of your employer in the disclosure of any Confidential Information, you hereby represent that you are an authorized agent of thereof and that your employer has agreed to indemnify you for any and all violations of this Section CONFIDENTIALITY.
- You do not acquire any rights in Confidential Information, except the limited right to use Confidential Information as described above.
- Any breach of the terms will result in irreparable harm to AER for which damages would be an inadequate remedy and, therefore, in addition to its rights and remedies otherwise available at law, AER will be entitled to equitable relief, including both a preliminary and permanent injunction, if such a breach occurs. You waive any requirement for the posting of a bond or other security if AER seeks such an injunction.
- Your obligations regarding Confidential Information expire five (5) years after the date of disclosure. Upon termination of your access to the Website or upon AER's written request, you must cease use of and return or destroy all Confidential Information.
NOTICES; MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION OF SERVICES
ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS
- AER may display advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Website. The manner, mode, and extent of advertising on the Website are subject to change. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than AER found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. AER is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-AER advertisers on the Website.
- The Website may provide links to other Internet sites or resources as a convenience to you. Because AER has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that AER is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. AER will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such website or resource.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The Website contains proprietary and confidential content that is protected by applicable patent, trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property rights and laws. Except as specified below, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right under any patent, trademark, or copyright of AER or any third party.
- Any software, software updates, or patches, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, "Software") downloaded from the Website may be used only: (i) as allowed under the accompanying license; (ii) subject to the license governing the original product; and (iii) with the understanding that, as applicable, AER does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and AER retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein.
- Services provided as an element of AER's support, training, or professional services are governed by the terms of the applicable support, training, or professional services agreement.
- You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. You may not remove, overprint, or deface any notice of copyright, trademark, or other notice of ownership from any originals or copies of Software or Confidential Information obtained from the Website, all trademarks and logos are owned by AER or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
- AER hereby authorizes you to copy materials published by AER on this Website solely for non-commercial use within your organization (or if you are a AER Technology Partner or a AER Solutions Provider, your customer's organization) in support of AER products or services. No other use of the information is authorized. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that any copy of these materials that you make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices in the same form and manner as on the original.
- AER has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Website or with the services. AER has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Website or service user who is found to have infringed on the rights of AER or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. AER's policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want AER to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide AER with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit AER to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit AER to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to AER's designated agent at:
AER Electronics, Inc.
42744 Boscell Road
Fremont, California 94538
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AER IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMITTED ORDERS, OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE (EVEN IF AER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO: (i) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING CONTENT YOU MAY DOWNLOAD, USE, OR MODIFY FROM THE WEBSITE.
- Nothing contained on the Website should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by AER or by any third party.
1. The organization collecting the information from you through the Website
2. What personally identifiable information is collected
3. How the information is used
4. With whom the information may be shared
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of the information
6. The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under AER’s control
7. How you can access and correct any inaccuracies in the information collected about you.
or in writing at:
AER Electronics, Inc.
42744 Boscell Road
Fremont, California 94538
What Happens to Your Information?
What Information is Collected and How it is Used?
Registration may be required in order to access certain areas of the Website, such as the support and partner areas. If you choose to register on the Website, we will collect contact information such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and AER information such as AER name and Website URL. This information is used to provide product support or other services that you may request. The information may also be used to contact you with marketing or promotional information from AER or our partners. You will have the opportunity to "opt-out" of such contacts when you register.
We use email links located on the "contact us" page and other areas of the Website to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have. We read every message sent in and try to reply promptly to each one. This information is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We may also file your comments to improve the Website or our products and services, or review and discard the information. Your personal information is only shared with third parties with your explicit permission.
The AER Website logs IP addresses and browser types for systems administration purposes. These logs may be analyzed to improve the value of the materials available on the Website. A user's session may be tracked, but the user will be anonymous. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
Third Party Service Providers
Choices Regarding the Use of Your Information
How to Unsubscribe from AER Email Publications
To unsubscribe from receiving AER marketing or promotional materials, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if an unsubscribe link appears at the end of an email, when you click on it you will be unsubscribed from such mailings.
How to Update User Information
AER may provide a self-service capability to update your information via the Website. Also, you can send an email request to email@example.com to update your email address or any other information you have given to AER.
Protecting your privacy and your information is a top priority at AER. We have taken measures to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of your information. Once we receive your information as you have entered it into our Website, it is stored behind a firewall. All AER employees are aware of our privacy and security policies. Your information is only accessible to those employees who need it in order to perform their jobs.
Lost or Stolen Information
You must promptly notify us if your user name, password or other sensitive information shared on our Website is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove the user name, password, or other information from your account and update our records accordingly.
Notification of Changes
If we are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection through this Website, we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already collected through our Website, we will post a prominent notice on our Website notifying users of the change, and all such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting of such notice on the Website.
AER Electronics, Inc.
42744 Boscell Road
Fremont, California 94538
- All contents of Website or Services are: Copyright © 2013 AER Electronics, Inc., 42744 Boscell Road, Fremont, California 94538. All rights reserved.
- AER controls and operates this Website from its headquarters in the United States of America and makes no representation that the content of the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this Website from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws including but not limited to the export and import regulations of other countries.
- You acknowledge and agree that the content of the Website may be subject to the U.S. Export Administration Laws and Regulations. Diversion of such content contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. You agree that none of the content, nor any direct product there from, is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred, or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals, nor be used for nuclear activities, chemical or biological weapons, or missile projects unless authorized by the U.S. Government. Proscribed countries are set forth in the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. You agree to comply strictly with all U.S. export laws and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required.
- This Website could include inaccuracies or typographical errors. AER tries to make the information on the Website accurate and current but does not guarantee it. Use of such information is at your own risk. AER may modify the content, products, services, and prices described in this Website at any time without notice. AER may amend these terms at any time by posting the amended terms on the Website.
- The failure of AER to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the terms to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the terms remain in full force and effect. The section titles in the terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
AER Trademark Notices
AER Electronics, Inc., AER Worldwide and the AER Worldwide logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of AER Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.